Recent Press Releases
Georgia Peanut Bank Week celebrates peanut harvest Oct. 11-15, 2021
Georgia Peanut Commission and Georgia Bankers Association unite to promote peanuts
TIFTON, Ga – The Georgia Peanut Commission and Georgia Bankers Association will join forces Oct. 11-15, 2021, to promote the 45th annual Georgia Peanut Bank Week. Financial institutions and local banks across the state will offer a tribute to Georgia’s 4,500 peanut farm families and the sustainability they provide to Georgia’s state and local economies.
The 2021 theme, “Georgia Peanuts: Bringing Balance to Your Life!” will showcase the affordable and nutritious peanut. Recent research studies indicate and highlight regularly eating peanuts can reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and cancer. Individuals can reap these benefits by taking one daily ounce (about a handful) of peanuts or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
“We’re excited to continue Georgia Peanut Bank Week for the forty-fifth year and salute peanut farmers and the nutritional benefits of peanuts,” says Armond Morris, chairman of the Georgia Peanut Commission. “This promotion is a great way to highlight all peanuts have to offer our communities across the state.”
The annual promotion will be taking place during an opportune time of the year: peanut harvest. In 2020, Georgia peanuts were planted on more than 800,000 acres throughout Georgia and accounted for 53 percent of peanut production in the United States. Peanuts were planted in 76 of Georgia’s 159 counties with an average yield of more than 4,100 pounds per acre.
The Georgia Peanut Commission urges everyone to stop by their local participating bank or financial institution during Georgia Peanut Bank Week to learn more about Georgia peanuts. For more information, visit the GPC website at www.gapeanuts.com.
For Immediate Release: Contact: Jordan Lunsford
Sept. 30, 2021 (229) 386-3502 email@example.com
P.O. Box 967 • 445 Fulwood Blvd. • Tifton, Georgia 31793 (229) 386-3470 • FAX (229) 386-3501 • http://www.gapeanuts.com
Georgia Peanut Restaurant Week set for Oct. 4-11
13 Georgia chefs set to create special peanut-inspired dishes
to coincide with Georgia Peanut Restaurant Week
TIFTON, Ga – The Georgia Peanut Commission has selected 13 chefs from across the state to create special Georgia Peanut-inspired dishes for the first-ever Georgia Peanut Restaurant Week, taking place from Oct. 4-11. Each chef will use ingredients including raw or roasted peanuts, peanut oil, or peanut flour, to name a few.
The selected chefs and some of their featured dishes can be found below. Also, be sure to visit the restaurants on Instagram for the special Georgia Peanut dishes on the menu and days they will be available.
Athens Chef Jessica Rothacker, Heirloom Café, peanut-inspired dishes include Cajun Boiled Peanut Hummus, Peanut Noodle Salad, West African Inspired Peanut Stew, and Black Bottom Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie
Atlanta Chef Deborah VanTrece, Twisted Soul Cookhouse & Pours, will feature Spicy Peanut-Crusted Quail, Country Captain Chicken Stew, and Cajun Fried Turkey Monte Cristo
Atlanta Chef Todd Richards, Lake & Oak, will feature Boiled Peanuts, Moked Peanut Hummus with Pork Rinds, and Peanut Crusted Catfish over Collard Green Fried Rice
Atlanta Chef Nick Leahy, Nick’s Westside, will feature Chile Smoked Boiled Peanuts, Pinock Crest Catfish and Boiled Peanut Succotash, Peanut Crusted Schnitzel with Spaetzle Mac, and a Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream Sammie
Atlanta Chrysta Poulus, Ford Fry Restaurants, will feature Peanut Pie, Peanut Brittle Ice Cream, and a Peanut Butter and Jelly Kolache
• Atlanta Chef Drew VanLeuvan, Ecco Buckhead, will feature Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Peanuts, Celery, Apple & Peanut Salad, and Salted BBQ peanuts
• Atlanta Chef Matt Basford, Canoe, will feature Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Savory Peanut and Coconut Panna Cotta, Roasted Berkshire Pork Tenderloin with Peanut – Cabbage Crepe, and a Georgia Peanut and Apple Salad
• Atlanta Chef Parnass Savang, Talat Market, will feature Thai Style Snapper Ceviche with Green Peanut Oil, Crispy Rice Salad with Raw Peanuts, and Massaman Beef Shank with Potatoes, Fried Shallots, and Raw Peanuts
• Blue Ridge Chef Mellman, Harvest on Main, will offer Peanut Butter Panna Cotta with Peanut Brittle, Thai Peanut Melon Salad, and Georgia Peanut and Collard Stew.
For Immediate Release: Contact: Hannah Jones
Sept. 30, 2021 (229) 386-3470 firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgia Peanut Restaurant Week set for Oct. 4-11 – Page 2/2
• Columbus Chef Keating, Epic Restaurant, has created Foie Gras and Peanut Butter on Brioche, Arugula & Charred Endive Salad with a Peanut Vinaigrette, Peanut-Urfa Dusted Pork Loin, and more, including a signature cocktail.
• Savannah Chef Zach Shultz, Cotton & Rye, created three dishes including Boiled peanut spread, pickled raisins, celery relish, pretzel cracker, Chicken confit, house-made bacon; Chaurice sausage, stewed peanuts, and herb crumb, and a decadent dessert dish, We All Scream for…Peanuts
• St. Simons Chef Dave Snyder, Halyard’s Restaurant, has created several different dishes including Boiled Peanut Succotash with Cheshire Pork and Oregano, Beef Tenderloin Eggroll with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Lime, and Georgia White Shrimp Taco with Roasted Peanut Salsa
• Winder Chef Alex Friedman, Bistro Off Broad, special dishes include Smoked Pad Thai Chicken Wings, Seared Sockeye Salmon with Peanut Flour Rigatoni, and Peanut Butter Cookie & Chocolate Ganache Pie
Georgia Peanuts Restaurant Week takes place in select markets across Georgia from October 4-11. Be sure to check each restaurant for days and hours of operation.
The peanut is one of Georgia’s most important crops. Thanks to approximately 4,500 peanut farmers, Georgia produced more than 1.64 million tons of peanuts in 2020, representing more than half of the country’s crop.
For more information on Georgia Peanuts visit www.gapeanuts.com or check out the Georgia Peanut Commission on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
About The Georgia Peanut Commission The Georgia Peanut Commission was established in 1961 under the state’s Commodities Promotion Act. Today, the commission represents Georgia’s 4,500 peanut farmers and conducts programs in the areas of promotion, research and education. To learn more, visit gapeanuts.com or follow @gapeanuts on Facebook and Instagram or @GeorgiaPeanuts on Twitter.
Gain National Online Advertisers
Need more online revenue? Frustrated that you’re bypassed by the largest national ad networks?
View the following recorded webinar from Jack Ratzsch, of BENN Publisher Solutions, will show you how their unique program, developed for newspapers, by newspapers, can add dollars to your bottom line.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Your Title Goes Here
This website is a compilation of public notices published in newspapers throughout the state of Georgia. GeorgiaPublicNotice.com offers access 24 hours a day, seven days a week to statewide notices about foreclosures, hearings, advertisements for bids, financial reports, ordinances and other government activities that are legally required to be published. Find out more here…