2021 Annual Convention
The 2021 GPA Annual Convention, our organization’s 134th, was held July 29-31, 2021, at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel.
Governor, House Speaker join newspapers at GPA’s 133rd Annual Convention
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp and House Speaker David Ralston made stops to speak at Georgia Press Association’s 133rd Annual Convention, adding two headlines to an event already filled with great speakers and ceremonies recognizing winners in the Better Newspaper Advertising and Editorial Contests.
Look for the full details on convention activities in the June issue of Georgia Press Bulletin.
Below, find links to the presentations of speakers at the Convention. If you weren’t there, or want to share what you heard with other members of your staff, check them out here. We’ll be adding more in the days to come.
• “Tools for Building Trust with Readers,” by Dean Charles N. Davis of the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Georgia: Trusting_News
• “Getting Out the Newspaper in a Natural Disaster,” by Mike Gebhart of Southern Community Newspapers Inc.: GettingthePaperOutDuringDisaster
• “Latest Technology for News Gathering,” by Zach Dennis of the Savannah Morning News: LatestTechforNewsGathering
• “Understanding Magazine Design Language” by Leonard Woolsey of The Galveston County Daily News: UnderstandingMagazineDesignLanguage
• “Learning Loyalty: Increasing Digital Subscriptions with Better Engagement” by Conan Gallaty of the Tampa Bay Times: LearningLoyalty-IncreasingDigitalSubscriptions
• “Better Newspaper Contest Advertising Awards Presentation”: 2019BNCAdvertisingAwards
• “Better Newspaper Contest Editorial Awards Presentation, Part 1”: 2019BNCAwardsPresentation1
• “Better Newspaper Contest Editorial Awards Presentation, Part 2”: 2019BNCAwardsPresentation2
• “Better Newspaper Contest Editorial Awards Presentation, Part 3”: 2019BNCAwardsPresentation3
• Better Newspaper Contest Editorial Awards Presentation, Part 4″: 2019BNCAwardsPresentation4