2019 GPA Convention Program unveiled
Make plans now so you don’t miss out on the great events! Highlights include:
• A visit with Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp at the All-Georgia Products Reception
• Editorial and advertising tracks
• 2019 Better Newspaper Contest Banquet
• Ideas on Tap with Eric NeSmith of Community Newspapers Inc.
• “Getting the Paper out During a Natural Disaster,” with David Maxwell of the Donalsonville News and Mike Gebhart of Southern Community Newspapers
• “Advertising: Why Classifieds Could Be Your Next ‘Big Thing'” with Bill Ostendorf of Creative Circle Media Solutions
• “Magazines: Event Marketing” and “Looks Do Matter: Understanding Magazine Design Language” with Leonard Woolsey of the Galveston County Daily News
• “Tools for Building Trust with Readers,” with Dean Charles Davis of the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia
• GPA Advertising Awards reception and presentation
• Much more!
The Convention is May 30-June 1, with the Better Newspaper Contest Awards Banquet set for May 31. All events will take place at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel. Don’t miss out on all the great things that will happen — check out the full schedule here: Final Convention Program 2019
Download convention registration form here: GPA Convention Registration Form 2019
Do you know someone who’s worked for 50 years in the newspaper industry that you’d like to nominate for GPA’s Golden Club? Download a nomination form here: GPA Golden Club 2019
Do you know someone who belongs in the Georgia Newspaper Hall of Fame? Download a nomination form: Hall of Fame 2019
Room blocks and group rates are available at the following:
Room rates start at $219.
Call 1-800-535-9547 or 912-635-2600 by April 24 to make reservations. Ask for the group rate in the Georgia Press Association block of rooms.
There are several rooms in the GPA block being held at the new Jekyll Island Ocean Club, the hotel’s new property on the beach. All rooms here are suites and overlook the beach, with rates of $399. Please let them know when making reservations if you are interested in staying at the Ocean Club.
Call 1-888-627-8316 to make reservations, ask for the group rate in the Georgia Press Association block of rooms. Or, use this link to make reservations online:
Guest rooms will be held until May 10, after which they will be released to the general public.
Standard Room: $195
Call 1-800-426-7866 to make reservations. Ask for the group rate in the Georgia Press Association block of rooms. Or, use the following booking link to make reservations online: http://group.hamptoninn.com/GAPressAssociation
Guest rooms will be held until April 29, after which they will be released to the general public.
GPA Conference Sponsorship
Register as a sponsor today:
All sponsors are listed in the program at the Convention, on the screen during the events and on large sponsorship signs located at the Registration area at the host hotel. Additional benefits include:
- Two tickets to your sponsored event
- Logo recognition on the GPA website for one year
- Business card advertisement in the 2019 Better Newspaper Contest Winners tabloid
- Inserts in the registration bags
- Listings in the May, June And July issues of the Georgia Press Bulletin
- List of all convention attendees
- GPA Membership Directory: complimentary listing and copy of directory
- Complimentary table in exhibit hall
Return to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3066 Mercer University Dr.
Atlanta, Ga. 30341